ELECTIVE DENTAL TREATMENT POSTPONED UNTIL MONDAY MAY 11, 2020
Dear Valued Patients:
As you know, our office has been closed since March 17 in response to the recommendations by the ADA and FDA due to the Coronavirus pandemic. On March 21st, Governor DeSantis mandated all dental offices to stop performing elective dental treatment until at least May 8th with the exception of Emergent Care. We will open on a limited basis to see our patients of record for emergency dental care.
Following the CDC protocol, we will be screening emergency patients prior to the visit by completing a COVID-19 health questionnaire. We assure all of our patients that we have adequate personal protection equipment on hand for our staff and doctor to minimize the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus and that we maintain a clean and safe environment so that you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern. We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation, following all CDC guidelines very closely, and ensuring that our processes meet or exceed sanitation and sterilization recommendations.
We will be available for our patients of record in case of an emergency and we will receive your message but we have limited hours in which our team members are in our office. Call our office number (352) 331-4558 and follow instructions. You can also reach us via email email@example.com
We hope this information helps answer any questions you may have:
- If you have an appointment scheduled, our office staff will contact you to reschedule.
- Our COVID-19 Health Questionnaire includes the following questions and if you answer YES to any of these, we will not be able to see you until symptoms subside.
- Have you had international travel in the last 14 days?
- Do you have fever, cough or shortness of breath?
- Have you lost your sense of smell or taste?
- Have you been in close contact with someone diagnosed with Covid19?
- We request consent from all our patients to take their temperature prior to dental treatment. If your temperature is above 100.3, we will not be able to see you.
- As of today, we will be able to start performing Elective Dental treatment on May 11, 2020. This situation is fluid and this date may change, in which case, we will contact patients and post details on our website and Facebook page.
- The following are considered Dental Emergencies:
- Pain or swelling due to a dental infection, tooth fracture or wisdom teeth
- Pain from a temporary crown/bridge is off
- Severe pain caused by broken tooth structure
We are looking forward to seeing you all soon and until then stay safe!
Dr. Maria Rodriguez- Samarkos, Dr. John A. Samarkos & Tower Dental team